Thursday, October 11, 2012

Top of The Heap

CGR 115


I really like this magazine advertisement. There are many things that make it successful. One is the composition. Its great the way they have the car in the upper left hand corner; this gets away from the piece becoming static. I also like how the car is the only real pop of color, it makes it stand out and because it's red on a black grey background I don't feel like its too heavy. The whole idea in this ad is amazing. The sitting on top of a pile of symbols from others car brands is a great idea. I love how the pile starts out wide and spacious and as you go up it gets smaller and more compact. It helps draw your eye right to the car. I like how the type is strong and bold and ends in a period. It gives the sentence more power. The only thing I might change is the size or placement of their logo. Right nows its a bit small and in the bottom right corner, I feel like it gets a little lost. You want people to know what car is at the top of the heap. Other then that, good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment