Friday, October 12, 2012

Lucky Brand Jeans

CGR 115



I was drawn to this magazine ad right away. Maybe because I like ads with good photography but it just gives you a soft, warm, peaceful feeling. I love how most of the color scheme is light and tan with a hint of pink and then you have the dark jeans which you are drawn to right away. I love how they put the focal point off to the side. The light coming from the window directs your eye to the logo which is good composition wise. I love the typography of the logo, its a cross between script, italic and serif font, its fantastic. I like the choice of the white for the logo, if it was black or anything darker it would detract from the product. I also like the crop of the photo and how it cuts off in a diagonal slant going downward toward what they are advertising. The slogan being in all upper case works because its a bit smaller then the logo and the font the logo is in is actually stronger then the font used for the slogan in my opinion. Great ad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment