Monday, October 1, 2012

The Reactionary Mind


Typography


I'm all for simplicity but this s just simple in a bad way. There is something there with the idea but the execution is terrible. I like the idea of the arrows and how they move your eye around the page, but those ate some pretty bad arrows. If they were a bit thicker or if one was thicker then the other, that would be more visually pleasing. I feel like maybe they could have make the title smaller so it wasn't taking up the whole page and then they could have taken the sub-title out of the box and put it under the title. Then they could have put the authors name in the red circle. I like the font, I like how it has the power of the serif font without being a serif font. The mind is a powerful thing and should go with a powerful font .The color scheme need work. Its honestly very bland and boring and the red circle is the first thing I see which is not good. Going back to the idea of thicker arrows, if the arrows were thicker you could make the circle and outline instead of a fill and change the color of the text to blcak to match the title. Needs work but could still be a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment