Monday, October 1, 2012

2001

Typography


I really like this book cover, its original and it attracts you instantly because of the contrast. I love that you have the worms eyes view when your looking at this cover, it pulls your eye right up. I also like the mysterious vibe that the cloudy overcast gives you and the little shine hitting the side of the building catches your eye that much faster. I also like how the sky is carried over to the sine of the book, but I don't like that it doesn't continue on the back. To me the back cover feels a little awkward because its a different hue and it has a very clear starry sky unlike the front. I do like the glow in the middle lighting up the title because it ties in with the shine on the side of the building. I like the typography, I think the way they have the authors name shining is good, it ties in with the cover. I do feel like the title should be less condensed, the spacing of the letters just feels off. I would adjust the tracking so there is a bit more space between the letters. I like the thinner font though, it matches the thinness of the building. The building slightly off center is a nice touch as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment