Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Moby Dick

Typography



I came across this book cover and it really caught my eye. I really like when type creates an image. Some people may argue that it is difficult to read but I think they did a good job of making it readable. Its only the "M" that is out of place when you really think about it. I like that they went with the white lettering, it stands out against the darker background. I also like the font, I like how it doesn't look all flat, it has shape to it which helps you understand that its meant to be a image of a whale. I think its clever that they have whale shapes making up the ocean. As fas as the font and color of the authors name, I don't think they should have used quit a scripty font, it makes it really hard to read especially with all the patterns and images in the water. I think they should have gone with a light blue for the name and maybe a font similar to the one in the title but italic. Overall good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment