Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nikon

CGR 115


So this image is a bit blurry but I can still critique it. First off I love the position of the camera, I like that its cropped and that it looks tilted. I also like how there are small green parts on the camera to match the background. Now for the problems. The spacing on all the word in this ad is killing me and so is that huge green empty space. That feels so awkward. I see the green space before I can see the camera. I feel like at the very least they need to move the slogan up a little more and enlarge it a bit. I wouldn't make it dead center though, I would probably have it closer to the bottom then the top. Then again there is a weight issue with the bottom being so much heavier then the top so maybe if the moved the slogan closer to the top it would fix the weight issue. I really like the font, it mimics the font of Nikon which is a good branding element. Just fixing the spacing would make this a really great ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment