Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Wave

Typography



I really like the idea for this book design, however there are a few things that need to be improved. I like the idea of the white lines being like water but to me it looks more like a current then it does a wave. I think they either need to adjust the drawing to look more like a wave maybe they could just do some simple line variations to make it a bit more eye-catching. I don't mind the font for the title, I actually like that its serif since its just the outlines of the letters, it makes it seem less heavy. I think that if they went with a more script like font it would have gotten lost in all the lines. Plus waves are powerful and bold so I like how they have the font representing the power of a wave and the illustration representing the flow. Even though I like the font for the title, I have no idea what they were thinking for the font of the author. It looks like a child's handwriting. They should have just gone with a regular serif font and maybe changed the color to the lighter teal they have in the background. I really like the composition, how its diagonal. It makes the viewers eye move across the cover. The color scheme is great as well. I love the lighter teal and how it looks like light is hitting it, it really makes you think of the ocean. They defiantly need to do something with the back as in some readers comments or book reviews, it just looks unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment