Saturday, October 13, 2012

Just My Type


Typography


This book cover is really successful in my opinion, I can only see a few minor tweaks it may need. One thing that I don't like is how there is so much information in the red middle block. They could have put the quote along with the fact that its an international best seller on the back. Then I would have make the title go on three separate lines and put the author somewhere at the bottom or the top. I actually don't have a problem with the title and author being centered. I think that the surrounding design is so strong and has so much movement that its not overpowering. If however you do find it a bit static then I would recommend either not having a red block or moving it up toward the top or the bottom to off set it a little. I like the color choice, I like the contrast between the the red and yellow and the black and white. I love the idea of the alphabet and how you have to look for the teeters, it kind of reminds me of a puzzle and it fits the theme of the book great. Good Job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment