Friday, October 12, 2012

The Thing About Life

Typography




This book cover is ok but there are some things that could be improved on.  I do like the black and white aspect, I am very into black and white, I love color but I think it stands in the way of what a piece is trying to say. People get so consumed and distracted by color they forget what the message is. So I like that the color scheme is black and white. Now for the typography, it needs work. I don't have anything against the handwriting typography but I feel like here its inconsistent. I think its distracting to have so many different variations of this handwriting style. Just stick to one variation and maybe not have it take up the whole cover, to me that kind of gives it the same feeling as it being centered. I would have it more toward the top or to the bottom and a bit smaller. Needs some tweaks but not horrible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment