Monday, October 15, 2012

The Art Of Impression

Typography


I like this book cover, I think the design is extremely cleaver but it needs a few tweaks. I love how the face is so simple and from the design you get a sense that its moving which I love. I think that the face being centered is a problem because you lose the authors name and the description at the bottom. Personally I would not have make the words at the bottom fallow the shape of the design, I think its weird how it starts and stops and it just feels unfinished and awkward. I would have put it straight along the bottom or straight along the top. Then I would have off set the face so it wasn't so static. I would have the authors name inside the face with the title instead of on the outside of the design, that just feels weird. I also would have kept the color scheme black and white, if they wanted to use a pop of color they should use it on the title no the author and description. Something that would have made it even more cool is if the design had just gone right off the page. Then you could just get rid of the bottom words or put them on the back. For the back of the book they could have that same design with a low opacity to make it transparent and less in your face or they could do that same thing but with the face. I like the typography but I feel like it needs to be more bold, the design is overpowering the text at this point. But I do like that they stuck with a  plan san serif font, anything else would have been overly complex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment