Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Study in Scarlet

Typography




This is a really clever book cover, it catches my attention right away. Again you see type being used to create an image which I love. I like the diagonal composition and how the fingerprint leads you to the back of the cover. I think the color scheme is really good, simple and I think it was a good idea to have the background have a texture to it. It enhances the fingerprint feeling. The only suggestion I have would be not to have the title and author twice on the front cover, I don't think its necessary.I would have only done it one and made it a tad bigger. The font is really nice though, I like that its a serif font. The cover is a bit simple and the serif gives the text a grounded more powerful feeling. I also like the line separating the two pieces of information in the back, it helps to not give it that symmetrical feeling.
Good Job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment