Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fish

Typography


Oh my god, I don't know what to say about this other then what the hell. I was so confused the first time I saw this cover, I had know idea what the title was. At first i thought it was "so thanks fish" because those are the words that pop out because they're in white. There are so many different font styles in one title that you get a headache just looking at it. I mean I'm all for catching the viewers interest but you don't want the viewer to be like, I don't know what this says and I don't care because its so bad. So a few things they could do to fix it would be, one, change the color scheme or at least make the whole title one color. Second change the layout of the title. The & sign being so large is just throwing the whole thing off and "for all the" looks like its one word. People don't want to feel like an idiot trying to read a book title, make it legible!!!! I would make the title all one font and maybe have one variation of that font if necessary.Then I would make it all the same size and put it on three lines. Lastly I would get rid of the thin black lines, thats just awkward. Either make the background a darker blue then the one in the title or make the title a lighter teal then the one in the background. Something has to change because right know these colors are clashing like nobody's business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment