Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Human Voice

Typography




This is an alright book cover but I feel like they could have done a lot more with it. Just by looking at it I don't get the feeling its about singing at all. I would have made a microphone out of type or something similar to that. I kind of get the feeling of the type being projected out, I just think they took the easy road out. I also really don't like the font or the composition. I think the font is way to thin and it makes it hard to read. As far as the composition I don't like the diagonal composition which is weird because I usually prefer it. I think its just way too harsh of a diagonal line, between that and the large to small lettering its just too much. If they had gone with the microphone idea, for the back of the book they could have used an image of a microphone stand and put it off to the side in the background. Then they could have had the description or comments in s silver/ metallic color to match the color of the microphone on the front. So overall I would say it needs improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment