Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Power

Typography


This is another good example of a book cover. Now looking at the title it sounds boring, but the point is   I'm forced to look at it because the cover draws me in. Silhouettes are very powerful and that mixed with a rich orange and yellow background makes it hard for anyone to over look it. I like that the telephone pole is cropped, it defiantly adds to he composition. It also makes it so I don't mind the title in the middle. Since the wires off the telephone pole run across to the edge of the book it keeps the movement going so your eye doesn't get stuck. I also like how the background color goes from orange to yellow, it helps the balance of the piece. I think the font is good, I like the serifs it makes it feel grounded and powerful and I think it also helps the balance. I think it was a good choice to put mostly white text on the back and the spine, too much orange can be over powering.

No comments:

Post a Comment