Friday, November 23, 2012

Yakko


Typography


So I looked up Japanese menus and came across this one. I really don't like it at all. First off the color is horrible. White Can be used well, but this is not one of those times. The photos are not necessary and if they really were set on using photos they should have at least used better ones. The little diagram under the photo on the cover is even more unnecessary then the picture. It just makes it took cheap. so do the boxes on the last page, get rid of them!!! Whats worse is the horrible boxes have a drop shadow on them. The only thing that I do like on this menu is the font they choose, shocking. I really like the slight italics look that it has and I like that it looks Japanese without being to in your face about it. Overall though it needs a lot of improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment